UK Retail Payments 2013: e-Modules
The payments market place is complex and rapidly changing; it's difficult for newcomers to understand and tough even for those within it to follow emerging market models.
This tutorial is intended to provide a working model of the UK retail payments ecosystem and get the viewer up-to-speed within a day or so.
What is it?
This e-Learning tutorial offers a clear structured view of UK payments, the payment ecosystem, players and processes.
- the evolution of payments
- payment instruments - cards, eBanking, mBanking and mobiles
- processes - clearing & settlement, card payments, fraud detection
- players - financial institutions, non-banks, card schemes, ACH, RTGS, VocaLink, LINK, Bacs, CHAPS, Faster Payments, SWIFT
- fraud detection and prevention
- payment volumes and values
- current challenges and future trends.
- Anyone new to the financial services industry who wants to get up-to-speed fast.
- It is ideal for those working in sales, marketing, support, and product management.
- A primer for those looking to expand their overall knowledge of the industry.
Table of contents
There are five chapters which are listed below: The total AV time is approximately 112 minutes (not including the optional Q&A).
- Evolution of payments
- UK 2010 & 2020 payment volumes
- Global ePayment, mPayment, eBanking transactions
- Pressures, challenges and opportunities
Clearing & Settlement (21m)
- Clearing & Settlement definitions and processes
- Real Time Gross Settlement and CHAPS
- Automated Clearing Houses
- BACS, Faster Payments, Cheque and Credit Clearing Company
- LINK, CREST and CLS
- SWIFT financial Messaging
Cards and alternatives (27m)
- Role of card payment schemes and card fee example
- UK card market metrics
- Prepaid card market
- Contactless cards
- Card payments process & players: POS, ATM, eCommerce
- Payment trends and competition: Banks and non banks
Fraud – Card Present, Card Not Present and eBanking (31m)
- Fraudulent activities and volumes
- Impact of card fraud – issues & liability
- Fraud rates
- Fraud prevention technologies and activities
- Pros and Cons of fraud prevention technologies
- eBanking fraud volumes and fraud solutions
Mobile payments (11m)
- Mobile payment drivers
- Using smartphones for mobile payments
- mBanking with a smartphone
- Mobile wallet challenges
- Why are MNOs interested in the mobile wallet?
Introduction to payments
· Evolution of payments
· Payment processes
· UK 2010 & 2020 payment volumes
· Global ePayment, mPayment, eBanking transactions
· Pressures, challenges and opportunities
If you are keen to see an alternative chapter, please let us know.
This offer is made available until the end of March 2013
Or ring on 07812574993
This AV tutorial is usually viewed over the Internet and the cost is dependent on viewer numbers. It is also available as PowerPoint presentations that can be inserted into eLearning systems.
- Unlimited usage for one organisation £5,000 plus VAT
- 20 users £1,800 plus VAT
- 8 users £1,000 plus VAT
The e-Learning material is delivered over the Internet or can be inserted into existing e-learning systems.
Updates to the e-Learning material
All updates are free for the first year.
After the first year 20% of the original purchase price is charged annually to receive updates.
The Author - Rhoderick Smith (principal consultant at OutReach Sales Consultancy)
Rhod works with a wide range of clients in finance, telecommunications and IT, helping them make sense of their complex ecosystems and develop their value propositions. Often it is the first time this work has been done successfully and the results help organisations articulate their value clearly, and bring new people up-to-speed fast. Those who have a clear understanding of their business ecosystem and the processes and players, are much more successful and are better placed to deal with change.
OutReach Sales Consultancy improves the business opportunities and sales effectiveness of our payment solution clients, working with their sales and marketing teams. Our people are experienced in the payments marketplace, business management, and IT solution sales. To expand our capabilities and reach further we have also partnered with innovative companies that deliver expertise, services and resources.